Pit Beast® Smoked Chuck Roast Recipe
- Qty. (1) Chuck Roast - 3-4 lbs -- whatever
- Pit Beast New England BBQ Rub
- Apple Cider
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Aluminum Foil
- Disposable Aluminum Foil Pan
- 1 cup of Beef Broth
- Liberally sprinkle Pit Beast New England BBQ Rub on the Chuck Roast -- all sides. Pat it down, not too hard.
- Let sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Heat smoker to 275° (you can do this in an oven too, you will just have no added smoke flavor) and place metal pan full of water in smoker.
- Place Chuck Roast in Smoker
- After 1-2 hours (don't spray until the rub is set and doesn't come off on finger), spray Chuck roast with an even mixture of apple cider and apple cider vinegar.
- Continue spraying about once every hour until Chuck Roast reaches 165°
- If at 165°, you have a nice bark, remove it from the smoker. Or, let it go a little longer to get a nicer bark.
- Place Chuck Roast in the disposable aluminum foil pan
- Pour Beef Broth in the pan until it is about 1/4" - 1/2" from the bottom
- Fully wrap the pan in foil tight and place back in the smoker.
- Cook until the Chuck Roast reaches 200° and is probe tender (it's possible you might find it to be done around 195° - 205°. I find 200° to be a temp that almost never fails.)
- Remove pan and place on the kitchen counter. Let rest for 30 minutes wrapped (do not unwrap).
- After 30 minutes, cut the Chuck Roast, against the grain. The slices should be about the width of a pencil.
- EAT IT. This stuff is amazing with our Cole Slaw recipe!