Our favorite Cole Slaw recipe
I really don't know where I found this recipe - it's not mine. However, it's by far my favorite Cole Slaw recipe. It's a Memphis-style Cole Slaw recipe, and it pairs nicely with all of our smoked meat recipes. Make it; you'll love it.
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Morton's is the best!)
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Onion
- 2.5 Teaspoons Celery Seed
- 16-ounce bag shredded cabbage with carrots (coleslaw bagged salad package)
- 1/2 finely chopped (minced) green bell pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- Combine Mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, onion, and celery seed (the dressing).
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage, carrots, and green pepper
- Toss with the dressing and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.